Articles of Incorporation - East Wind
ARTICLES OF INCORPORATION OF A GENERAL NOT FOR PROFIT COR-
(To be submitted in duplicate by an Attorney)
HONORABLE JAMES C. KIRKPATRICK
SECRETARY OF STATE
STATE OF MISSOURI
JEFFERSON CITY, MISSOURI 65101
We, the undersigned,
Minnette P. Lesser, Robert H. Harris, Anthony Zineski, (all of Box 6B2, Tecumseh,
being natural persons of age twenty-one years or more and citizens of the United
States, for the purpose of forming a corporation under the "General Not For Profit
Corporation Law" of the State of Missouri, do hereby adopt the following Articles
1. The name of the corporation is: East Wind Community, Inc.
2. The period of duration of the corporation is: perpetual
3. The address of its initial Registered Office in the State of Missouri is:
Box 6B2, Tecumseh, County of Ozark
and the name of its initial Registered Agent at said Address is:
4. The first Board of Directors shall be three in number, their names and addresses
being as follows:
Kathleen Kinkade, Deborah Slavin, Will Bayley,
(all of Box 6B2, Tecumseh, Missouri)
5. The purpose of purposes for which the corporation is organized are:
A. To create and maintain an intentional community of people who shall live to-
gether on the same premises and shall live according to certain ideals and precepts
to which they have agreed, among others the following:
1) That all members will do a fair and equal share of the work of the community
(allowance being made for the sick, aged, etc., according to the provisions of the
2) That all members receive an equal share of the benefits of the work of the group,
regardless of the kind of work he or she may do.
3) That the group will be responsible for all the needs of the members insofar as it is
able, and that no individual member shall receive private income of any kind.
B. To promote and advertise this kind of lifestyle and to encourage other people to
engage in it.
C. To engage in any not for profit activity which is not prohibited by law.
6. This corporation shall not engage in political activity nor do anything else which
would disqualify it from Federal tax exemption under Sec. 501(c)3 of the Internal
Revenue Code of 1954 or the equivalent paragraph in later tax law.
[Note from John: The tax status is currently 501(d).]
7. In the event of dissolution, the corporation shall, after paying all its just debts,
contribute any remaining assets to a similar organization, said organization to be
named by the directors who shall be in office at the time of said dissolution.
(NOTE): Any special provision authorized or permitted by Statute to be contained
in the Articles of Incorporation may be inserted above.
[Note from John: The preceding Note evidently authorizes Articles 6 & 7, above,
which were not part of the printed form, but were typed in.]
(INCORPORATORS MUST SIGN BELOW)
[Signatures of Minnette P. Lesser, Robert H. Harris, and Anthony Zineski]
STATE OF: Missouri
County of: Ozark
I, Vivian L Bayle, a Notary Public, do hereby certify that on the 22nd of Oct., 1974,
Minnette P. Lesser, Robert Harris, and Anthony Zineski personally appeared before
me and being first duly sworn by me severally acknowledged that they signed as
their free act and deed the foregoing document in the respective capacities therein
set forth and declared that the statements therein contained are true, to their best
knowledge and belief. IN WITNESS WHEREOF, I have hereunto set my hand and
seal the day and year above written. My commission expires: Sept 27, 1976.
FILED AND CERTIFICATE OF INCORPORATION ISSUED
NOV 6, 1974
Corporation Dept, SECRETARY OF STATE